Peak Partner is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and other partner sites.
Big Sky, Montana, known for its majestic mountains, breathtaking landscapes, and world-class outdoor activities, is a true haven for nature enthusiasts. But did you know that this scenic destination also offers remarkable opportunities for golfers? Within a 150-mile radius of Big Sky, you’ll find an array of exceptional golf courses that combine stunning views with challenging fairways. Whether you’re a seasoned golfer or a novice looking to improve your skills, these top golfing destinations are sure to captivate you. Get your clubs ready as we explore the best places to golf in the vicinity of Big Sky, Montana. Another perk of golfing near Big Sky is the elevation helps the ball fly further, so be sure to check our guide on understanding the impact of altitude on your golf game in Montana.
- The Reserve at Moonlight Basin – Big Sky, Montana: The Reserve offers golfers an exceptional 18-hole Jack Nicklaus Signature course in the pristine Moonlight Basin area. This private course offers awe-inspiring views of the Spanish Peaks, challenging elevation changes, and diverse hole designs. Surrounded by unspoiled nature, golfers at The Reserve can revel in the tranquility and beauty of Montana’s landscape. Although it is a private club, guests staying at designated accommodations can access the course.
- Old Works Golf Course – Anaconda, Montana: Located about 100 miles from Big Sky, the Old Works Golf Course in Anaconda is a must-visit for golf enthusiasts. The Old Works Golf Course in Anaconda, Montana, is a top-rated public course designed by the legendary Jack Nicklaus. Known for its unique black-sand bunkers, which result from the course’s location on a former copper smelting site, the course offers golfers a one-of-a-kind experience. The course features expansive fairways, challenging elevation changes, and spectacular views of the surrounding Pintler Mountains. Golf Digest has recognized the Old Works Golf Course as one of America’s best public courses and has hosted numerous state and regional championships. Golfers of all skill levels will enjoy playing this remarkable course while soaking in Montana’s natural beauty.
- Spanish Peaks Mountain Club – Big Sky, Montana: Located right in Big Sky’s backyard, the Spanish Peaks Mountain Club boasts a world-class private golf course designed by Tom Weiskopf. This picturesque 18-hole mountain course provides golfers with panoramic views of the surrounding peaks, pristine fairways, and challenging terrain. The course is known for its immaculate conditions and seamless integration into the natural landscape. Although it is a private club, guests can often access the course through partnerships with local accommodations.
- Big Sky Resort Golf Course – Big Sky, Montana: Nestled within the heart of Big Sky, the Big Sky Resort Golf Course is a public course that offers an unforgettable golfing experience. This Arnold Palmer-designed, 18-hole course showcases spectacular views of Lone Peak and the surrounding mountains. With its undulating fairways, strategically placed bunkers, and beautiful water features, the course poses a fun and challenging round for players of all levels. The course also provides top-notch practice facilities and professional instruction.
- Bridger Creek Golf Course – Bozeman, Montana: A short drive from Big Sky, Bozeman is home to the exquisite Bridger Creek Golf Course. This public course, designed by esteemed architect Arthur Hills, offers 18 holes of scenic beauty and playability. Surrounded by the Bridger Mountains, the course features tree-lined fairways, well-manicured greens, and water hazards that add an exciting element to your game. Bridger Creek Golf Course also provides a welcoming clubhouse, a pro shop, and an excellent practice facility.
- Yellowstone Club – Big Sky, Montana: Just a stone’s throw away from Big Sky, the exclusive Yellowstone Club offers a truly luxurious golfing experience. This private club’s Tom Weiskopf-designed golf course is renowned for its breathtaking mountain vistas and challenging layout. The course winds its way through forests, meadows, and streams, providing a serene and unforgettable setting for your golfing adventure. While access to the Yellowstone Club is limited, staying at select partner accommodations might grant you an opportunity to play this extraordinary course.
For golf enthusiasts, Big Sky, Montana, and its surrounding areas offer an exceptional array of golf courses that combine natural beauty with challenging play. Whether you prefer a private club experience or a public course that welcomes all, the golfing destinations within 150 miles of Big Sky will leave you in awe. So, pack your golf clubs, prepare for an adventure, and get ready to tee off in this golfer’s paradise.