Peak Partner is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and other partner sites.
Summer is the perfect time to explore the great outdoors, and there’s no better place to do it than in and around Big Sky and Yellowstone National Park. With endless opportunities for adventure, this area of Montana is a dream destination for nature lovers, thrill-seekers, and anyone who simply wants to soak up some sun.
Here are 7 summer activities to do near Big Sky and Yellowstone National Park that you won’t want to miss.
- Hiking: The mountains around Big Sky and Yellowstone are home to countless hiking trails, ranging from easy strolls to challenging treks. Take in stunning views of the surrounding peaks, valleys, and wildlife as you explore the area on foot. Some popular trails include Beehive Basin, Ousel Falls, and Yellowstone’s Grand Canyon.
- Whitewater Rafting: Try whitewater rafting on the Gallatin River for an adrenaline-pumping adventure. This scenic river is known for its rapids ranging from class II to class IV. Experienced guides will lead you down the river, giving you an up-close look at the rugged Montana wilderness.
- Horseback Riding: Saddle up and explore the beautiful landscape around Big Sky and Yellowstone on horseback. Whether you’re a seasoned rider or a beginner, plenty of guided tours are available to suit your level of experience. Enjoy the fresh mountain air and breathtaking views as you ride through the wilderness.
- Ziplining: For a bird’s-eye view of the area, try ziplining. Soar through the trees on a series of ziplines, taking in panoramic views of the mountains and forests below. Some zipline courses also include rope bridges, aerial platforms, and other obstacles for an added challenge.
- Fishing: Montana is known for its world-class trout fishing; the rivers and streams around Big Sky and Yellowstone are no exception. Grab your fishing gear and try your luck catching rainbow, brown, and cutthroat trout. Some of the most popular fishing spots include the Gallatin, Madison, and Yellowstone rivers.
- Mountain Biking: Big Sky and Yellowstone are a mountain biker’s paradise with miles of rugged terrain and scenic trails. Rent a bike or bring your own and explore the area’s trails, ranging from easy beginner trails to challenging downhill rides. Some popular trails include the Big Sky Resort Bike Park and the Yellowstone River Trail.
- Wildlife Watching: Yellowstone is home to some of the most iconic wildlife in the world, including grizzly bears, wolves, bison, and elk. Take a guided tour or explore the park on your own and keep your eyes peeled for these majestic animals. Just remember to keep a safe distance and never approach wildlife.
Summer vacations are an important part of our lives and provide numerous benefits for both our physical and mental well-being. Taking time off work or school to travel and explore new places can help reduce stress and anxiety, improve mood, and increase creativity. It also allows us to spend quality time with loved ones and create lifelong memories. Additionally, vacations can provide opportunities for personal growth and self-reflection and a chance to disconnect from technology and reconnect with nature.
Whether you’re seeking adventure or simply want to soak up Montana’s natural beauty, Big Sky, and Yellowstone National Park have something for everyone. With so many summer activities to choose from, you’re sure to have an unforgettable experience in this breathtaking corner of the country.